Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stuff

I was actually a little surprised by what I found I had. In my mind I always visualize the possessions that are most important to me as my only possessions. If I were asked randomly on the street what I owned I would immediately list possessions such as my skis and gear, as well as my laptop and other toys. I might even mention some of my bigger “toys” that I left at home. In reality there are a lot of necessities to comfortable modern life that make up almost half of my junk in my room. Laundry detergent and silverware for example are objects that I rarely think of although frequently use (no I don’t rank my social class by the number of dinner guests I can host in my dorm room.) Another thing that surprised my was that I had forgotten about my meds, Excedrin and Sudafed. I take both regularly to prevent effort migraines. They are an absolutely crucial part of my life. However I hadn’t even considered listing them until after class today. I guess people really define themselves on a group of possessions vital to their image. I base my self on ski gear and colonists defined themselves relative to their fork supply.

Macbook
Alarm clock
Cameras-4
Desk lamp
Ski magazines-4
Planner
Desk organizer
Ipod
Headphones- 4
Cell phone stapler
Usb drives- 2
iPod dock
ski movies- 9
movies- 1
water bottle
folding chair
camera bags- 5
video camera
printer
fan
sunglsses-2
shampoo
soap
toolbox
bowl
plate
laundry detergent
stain stick
shoes- 10 pair
longboards- 2
helmets- 2
goggles- 2
gloves- 2
shirts- 14ish
pants-4
socks/underwear
shorts-2
office supplies
Kleenex
Umbrella
Whiteboards- 2
Garbage can
Science goggles
Silverware
Mug
Plastic cups
Shovel
Extension kit
Wax kit
Skis- 2
Ski boots
Ski bag
Backpacks- 2
Psp
Bandanas-4
Electric razor
File case
Hats- 4
Kleenex
Toothbrush
Retainer
Shoulder bags -2
Laundry hamper
Lamp
Textbooks
Art portfolio
Zomig- (medication)
Excedrin Extra Strength
Sudafed
Keg

No comments:

Post a Comment